Templates for DO IT YOURSELF Die Cut Photo-Mat Frames
• 8" x 10" piece of self-adhesive sheet magnet.
• FREE Mat provided on this site or paper of your own design.
• Straight edge and exacto or craft knife
1. Print out the FREE Mat in the size and style you want.
2. Peel off the protective paper backing from the self-adhesive magnet sheet.
3. Stick the magnetic sheet on the back of the paper mat just printed.
4. Trim off the excess mat and magnet with a straight edge and Exacto knife or a pair of scissors.
5. Select and print out the template below of the size of mat you are using with the layout of the photo sizes you want.
6. Trim off the outside extra paper of the template and then with an Exacto knife and straightedge, cut out the inside rectangles for the picture opening or openings desired.
7. Lay the template over the trimmed colored mat and draw the outlines of the picture opening or openings on the mat.
8. Trim out the interior of each picture opening on the mat with an Exacto knife.
9. Mount your photo with a piece of tape on the backside of the magnetic die cut mat and display it on any magnetically attractive surface.
LYTLE magnetic backing is sold in fine stores everywhere. If you cannot find it in a store near you, contact us for a list of stores in your area.
Click on an image for a #1 size template.
Click on an image for a #2 size template.
Click on an image for a #3 size template.
Homepage | Mat'N'Frame | Contact Us | Magnetic Paint
The photo and art mats on these pages were created to be used free of charge by individuals for personal use only. They are copyrighted in the year 2002 by David B. Lytle and also fall under patent laws protecting his line of magnetic photo and art frames. All content is property of David B. Lytle Products Inc. The mats may be used without permission but may not be reproduced for sale or any other for profit enterprise or added to another web site.